What’s with the poor lighting in my home?
Mister Sparky Electrician OKC specializes in residential lighting installation and can help you with practical and aesthetic projects for your home. Interior lighting is a key part of interior design and can make a house truly feel like a home. It can also be an intrinsic component of landscaping. However, interior lighting represents a major component of energy consumption, accounting for a significant part of all energy consumed worldwide. Therefore, proper interior lighting installation can save you money and conserve natural resources at the same time. Mister Sparky Electrician OKC will work closely with you to create your ideal lighting situation. All lighting systems can be fully automated and easily maintained.
Some general categories and considerations for lighting use include:
- Task lighting – is mainly functional and is usually the most concentrated, for purposes such as reading or inspection of materials.
- Accent lighting – is mainly decorative, intended to highlight pictures, plants, or other elements of interior design or landscaping.
- General lighting – fills in between task and accent and is intended for general illumination of an area. This includes your ceiling lighting or floor and table lamps.
- Interior Lighting – Interior lighting systems are one of the most effective ways to increase the safety and security of your home. A well-lit house is a deterrent to any criminal. You will have peace of mind and can feel safe knowing that you are coming home every night to a perfectly lit home.
- Incandescent light – Incandescent light bulbs are a source of electric light that works by incandescence (a general term for heat-driven light emissions). An electric current passes through a thin filament, heating it until it produces light.
- Compact fluorescent – Compact fluorescent bulbs use less power to supply the same amount of light as an incandescent bulb. The light of a compact fluorescent is emitted by a mix of phosphors on the inside of the tube, which each emits one color.
Fluorescent lights or tubes are gas-discharge lamps that use electricity to excite mercury vapor. The excited mercury atoms produce short-wave ultraviolet light that then causes a phosphor to fluoresce, producing visible light. Unlike incandescent lamps, fluorescent lamps always require a ballast to regulate the flow of power through the lamp. While larger fluorescent lamps have been mostly used in large commercial or institutional buildings, you still find them used in garages, kitchens and recreational rooms in the home. Compared with incandescent lamps, fluorescent lights use less power for the same amount of light, generally last longer, but are bulkier, more complex, and initially more expensive than a comparable incandescent bulb.
Some interior lighting solutions Mister Sparky Electrician OKC offers: recessed, under cabinet, art lighting, pendant lighting, track lighting, up and down lighting, niche lighting, chandelier, sconce and alcove lighting.
Professional lighting installation, when done correctly, helps a room to really stand out. Whether it’s a living room or just a bedroom, the feel of a room becomes warm, inviting and relaxing with professional lighting. However, the best part of professional lighting is that customers may control a room’s lighting depending on the occasion, which helps to set different types of moods. For example, dining rooms can be either softly lit for a romantic occasion or set to shine brightly for Holiday dinners and so on.
Whether it is recessed lighting, art lighting, pendant lighting or simply hanging a chandelier for one of our customers, at Mister Sparky we have the talent to take care of all of our customer’s professional lighting wants and needs.
Our Lighting Installation Services Include:
- Accent Lighting
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Track Lighting
- Much More!
We pride ourselves on being your local lighting expert and guarantee your satisfaction 100%. When it comes to licensed electricians in Oklahoma City, trust your home to Mister Sparky Electrician OKC.